Bethany College exists to support parents in the Catholic education of their daughters. The College values its partnership with parents. We accept enrolments from the following Feeder Parishes and Schools in the St George area (note * refers to feeder schools that have a shared pathway to Marist Catholic College Penshurst):
- St Francis Xavier’s Arncliffe
- St Gabriel’s Bexley
- Mater Dei Blakehurst*
- St Thomas More’s Brighton-le-Sands
- St Mary’s Star of the Sea Hurstville*
- St Patrick’s Kogarah
- St Joseph’s Oatley*
- St Declan’s Penshurst*
- St Joseph’s Rockdale
- St Finbar’s Sans Souci
- St Raphael’s South Hurstville*
as well as from families which meet the prerequisites set by the Sydney Catholic Schools Enrolment Policy. Special consideration is given to siblings and daughters of past students.
If your daughter does not attend one of the Primary Feeder Schools listed above, her application will still be considered in the priority order that is stipulated in the Enrolment Policy. If we cannot offer her a place in the first instance, you may wish for her application to remain on a waiting list. This list reflects the demand for enrolment at Bethany College with its proud 24 year history, strong pastoral care and excellent academic reputation in the community.
We will accept enrolment applications any time after a student is in Year 3. You can do this by completing an Enrolment Form and mailing it in to the Principal’s Assistant who is the Enrolment Registrar. The College begins its enrolment process whilst students are in YEAR 5.
Sending in an Application for Enrolment Form does not guarantee any student a place or an interview at the college.
Each year Bethany College invites members of the St George community to visit us on Bethany in Action Day. Prospective students and their families may wish to come along, speak to teachers and students and see our fantastic facilities.
Due to the demand for a Bethany College education, enrolment is a structured process. In short, offers of places will be made using the order of priority as follows:
- Baptised Catholic children of regularly worshipping Catholic families with strong demonstrable links to the local designated feeder parish or parishes (Bexley, Blakehurst, Brighton-le-Sands, Carlton, Hurstville, Kogarah, Oatley, Penshurst, Rockdale City, Sans Souci and South Hurstville).
- Children of families who have ‘special pastoral circumstances as assessed by the Enrolment Committee or, where appropriate, the school Principal and/or priests of associated parishes in conjunction with the Principal.
- Children of Catholic families not covered above or who are outside the local designated Catholic feeder schools/parishes.
- Children of regularly worshipping Orthodox families who have strong demonstrable links to their faith community and who are prepared to support the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Children of regularly worshipping families from other Christian denominations who have strong demonstrable links to their faith community and who are prepared to support the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Children of Orthodox families who are prepared to support the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Children of families from other Christian denominations who are prepared to support the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Children of families from other faith traditions or non-religious backgrounds who are prepared to support the ethos and values of the Catholic Church. Families who place their daughter on the Waiting List may wish to include a parish priest’s reference (or the equivalent from different denominations) Parish Priest Reference which can be downloaded here. Each parish has its own protocols with respect to such references so a discussion with your pastor is advisable to ascertain his/her preference.
- An Orientation and Educational Testing Day for students and Information Evening for students and their parents will be held in November.
- In the event that a student is not offered a position in Year 7, parents may elect to leave their daughter’s name on the Waiting List in the event that a vacancy occurs. The Acceptance Fee will only be charged in the event that an offer of enrolment is made.