Bethany had its beginnings in 1993, when the rich traditions of the Sisters of St Joseph established at Kogarah in 1965 and the Sisters of Charity established at Hurstville in 1885, were combined to meet the educational needs of girls in the St George area.
In 2011 the College celebrated 125 years since the Sisters of Charity began the first school on the present Hurstville site.
The College’s original structure featured Year 7 and Year 8 at Kogarah and Year 9 through to 12 at Hurstville.
In 2009, the College relocated the Year 7 and 8 campus to newly built facilities at Hurstville campus. In 2010 the major redevelopment of facilities on the Hurstville Campus was completed, with all new buildings occupied by staff and students from the beginning of the 2011 school year.
Bethany is proud of its heritage and of those nuns who pioneered Catholic education in the St George area.
The educational vision of these women, with the message of the Gospel, provides a foundation for the faith of our students to grow and develop as they journey through life.
Bethany College continues a tradition of quality education for girls, exemplified in the College motto, that as a community we are called to: